• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Police used Excessive Force

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ecross63

What is the name of your state? Florida
I beleive that excessive force was used on me and I was injured being leg swiped to the floor. I also retained a black eye, badly twisted knee, serious bruises on legs, arms and shoulder. I asked to see a nurse at jail, yet they kept telling me I already saw one. When I was released on bail the next day, the exit nurse had no record of me seeing a check in nurse, to which I replied that I did not see one, yet the jail staff insisted that I had. An attorney I spoke with told me that they wanted no verification on the injuries. I also did not touch an officer, yet while I was on the floor, one officer started to say several times to everyone in the room that I had tried to choke him.... this was stated after the officers had me on the floor. I went to slap my husband in front of the officers and that is when they grabbed me from behind and put me down. I was arrested on battery on a leo, battery and assult on my husband, yet he did not press charges..... I think the officers acted so radically and aggressively and due to the fact that I was injuried in the process they are using the battery on the leo for justification. Do I have any chance in fighting this? Will a sworn statement from my husband help that no contact was made?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">