• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

police using my brothers phone to text and try and trick me

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

vabapesta

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? virginia
my brother was set up by an informant and arrested wen he came to drop of some marijuaana to his friend(the informant). after not hearing from my brother for a while i started calling him multiple times and got no answer..so i started texting him..and i got a text back asking me if i can bring him some more green.. i knew that this was not my brother and he wouldnt ask me that cus i wouldnt know where to get it in the first place. well i immediately thought hes either kidnapped or arrested. so i played along and they continued to send me texts asking me to get some and where i got it from last time?? and things of that nature...then in the middle of all this i get a call on my home phone its my brother in the hospital tellin me he was arressted and assaultedd buy the police and he has a broken arm and needs to go into surgery immediately..so basically the detectives were textin me from his phone tryn to get me to bring more green? is this illegal for the detectives to do?and what should i do about it or should i just let it go?

Last edited:

vabapesta

its my brother if u read the post u would know that ...which obvioulsly ur on here for ur own personal amusement and not to give advice ..... and if i wanted advice on my decision on friends i would have asked for it...but for anyone that has something constructive to say to clarify y they can do this(it sounds like entrapment to me) then please clarify thanks...

wyett717

I did read it. Brother or not, he's a drug dealer and you got stuck in the middle of it. There's absolutely nothing you can do about it.

Last edited:

CdwJava

Ya know, I always love it when people use the excuse that they were just "playing along" when they get caught texting, e-mailing, or conversing about illegal activity. Frankly, I suspect that if you really thought your brother had been kidnapped, you would have contacted the police and told them you might have the kidnapper or attacker on the other end of the line.

And, vabapesta, please type like normal people - not like you're texting on some phone to a 4th grader. It is really annoying to read "text" type writing, and it makes you appear to be either a young child or horribly uneducated.

Oh, and this is NOT "entrapment". Google the term, "entrapment" along with the phrase "legal definition" and you will discover why.

At this point, their texting you is a non-issue unless you get charged with something. In the meantime, your brother may need an attorney. If he is alleging he was gravely injured by the police without a reason, he'll need one to look at a civil suit against the cops and one to look at a defense against the criminal charges. I hope he has some money socked away.

- Carl

wyett717

Vab, police do this type of thing all the time because it works. They catch sexual predators like nobody's business by posing as 14-year-old girls.

vabapesta

Ya know, I always love it when people use the excuse that they were just "playing along" when they get caught texting, e-mailing, or conversing about illegal activity. Frankly, I suspect that if you really thought your brother had been kidnapped, you would have contacted the police and told them you might have the kidnapper or attacker on the other end of the line.

And, vabapesta, please type like normal people - not like you're texting on some phone to a 4th grader. It is really annoying to read "text" type writing, and it makes you appear to be either a young child or horribly uneducated.

Oh, and this is NOT "entrapment". Google the term, "entrapment" along with the phrase "legal definition" and you will discover why.

At this point, their texting you is a non-issue unless you get charged with something. In the meantime, your brother may need an attorney. If he is alleging he was gravely injured by the police without a reason, he'll need one to look at a civil suit against the cops and one to look at a defense against the criminal charges. I hope he has some money socked away.

- Carl
thank you for ur input carl. im sorry that u dont like the way i type. if its that annoying then get rid of ur computer and stop using forums becasue this is the year 2008 and this is how the new generation of young adults type over the internet...and y even waste u time writing such a coment.now to my next point...i texted my bro saying where did u go uve been gone for two hours and u said u were just going to the store real quick.. i had no idea what he was actually going to do, so i texted where the hell r u at and y arent u answering my calls im worried about u.... then i recieved a text saying can u bring me some more green...then i realized what he went to go do and thought well this is either someonethat robbed him and now has his phone and possibly kidnapped him or its the non sly police trying to somehow trick me..well i dont know where to get drugs at anyways but i do know what they are and slang terms for them as i do listen to rap music. anyways i replied who is this i know this isnt my bro..they said yea it is i need some more green which guy did u get it from last time...then im like what the hell...so this is about five minutes into the situation and then the house phone rings and it my bro explaining the situation...so i wasnt involving in any criminal activity thank u and please stop judging me thats Gods job...and im a normal person too as a cop u should know not to be bias and classify people as normal or not normal....now we got a defenese attorney but we could not find a lawyer willing to take on the case against the police..the doctor even confirmed that he was in handcuffs at the time his arm was broken do to the angle of the fracture implied his hands were behind his back. VA justice system has repeately failed to instill any faith in me. we filed a complaint with the police department of internal affairs or whoever handles that and they totally blew us off .

Nativity

thank you for ur input carl. im sorry that u dont like the way i type. if its that annoying then get rid of ur computer and stop using forums becasue this is the year 2008 and this is how the new generation of young adults type over the internet...and y even waste u time writing such a coment.now to my next point..
After that no one will really care about your "next point". The year may be 2008 but respect still exists you should try it once if you truly want the legal help that doesn't cost that much.

vabapesta

ok well someone that says "ya know" shouldnt be complaining about my typing...please explain what "ya" mean because i do not believe it is in the dictionary

vabapesta

i dont understand this forum...everyones a pr*ck ... change the name from freeadvice to freecriticism from people who dont want to help u but instead want to insult and degrade u. and for all the people whiniNg about criminals and drug dealers posting on here THIS IS A FREE LEGAL ADVICE FORUM WHAT DO U EXPECT TO HEAR FROM PEOPLE THAT DONT BREAK THE LAW AND THEREFORE DONT NEED LEGAL ADVICE???

CdwJava

thank you for ur input carl. im sorry that u dont like the way i type. if its that annoying then get rid of ur computer and stop using forums becasue this is the year 2008 and this is how the new generation of young adults type over the internet...
I must have missed the memo that said the new generation were illiterate and uneducated. Silly me. :rolleyes:

so i wasnt involving in any criminal activity thank u
Good for you. But, the whole issue is moot anyway unless you are charged with a crime.

- Carl

vabapesta

maybe the goverment has failed to educate us properly then...did u consider that .. and i can read and write everything i wrote and everything u wrote so maybe ur the illiterate one..and respect is a two way street...i respect the way u type and ur lifestyle so please respect mine.

wyett717

thank you for ur input carl. im sorry that u dont like the way i type. if its that annoying then get rid of ur computer and stop using forums becasue this is the year 2008 and this is how the new generation of young adults type over the internet...and y even waste u time writing such a coment.
Frightening. Please don't generalize and speak your ignorance on behalf of all young adults. It is because of idiots like you that I make sure my children are educated, respectful, and have common decency. Thank you for the reminder of what they could be otherwise.

outonbail

I must have missed the memo that said the new generation were illiterate and uneducated. Silly me.
The reason you didn't get that memo, is because the illiterate, uneducated youth of today, don't have the skills to write a memo.

Those who believe they have the skills, use a lot less letters than our generation. I guess they figure letters like the "Y" and the "O" in "YOU" are silent, so why bother,,,,

vabapesta

and by the way carl thank you for finally answering the question and informing me that if i wasnt charged then its moot....if i knew this or thought to type entrapment into google than i wouldnt be posting here..i was posting here to c if cops could text me under false pretense of being my brother and defamating the character of my brother by implying that he was ask his own little brother who he knows doesnt deal in drugs if i could bring him some "green". if they r allowed to do so i think this should be reviewed because it scares me that they can act as someones family member through text messages and potentially cause in innocent person to commit a crime in an attempt to help out that family member...i mean what if i did assume he was kidnapped and got in my car and sped out looking for him and then crashed in a paniced frenzy and killed myself and possibly someone else in the form of a car accident all because the cops and acting in a dishonest manner

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">