• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Possible assault charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Hamburger69

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Possible assault charges
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My friend and I were at a convenience store after the bar. We called a taxi and when it arrived some drunk guy claimed it was his. This guy came over and started pushing my friend around ( we both are non confrontational people ) however my friend started mouthing off to this guy and pissed him off. So the guy lunges forward to attack my friend and I saw it immediately and quickly went in to help him. it all happened so fast but I ended up punching this guy in the head while he was getting wrapped up with my friend. We didn't realize he had more friends with him and they knocked me out attack me from behind. When I got up my friend was all bloody they kicked his face in while he was on the ground.
I called the cops and no arrests were made on scene they just said they would review the security cams .
My friend is going to need surgery and filed a police report a few days after this event and the police said they would use the footage to figure out the case for arrests and what not .

I'm worried they will see me throwing a punch before my friend got his face stomped on the ground and nail me with assault as well. To me it sounds like I could potentially be screwed if they identify me.

Note. I called the police and gave them a statement the night this occurred so they definitley will recognize me.

Thanks for any input

dave33

Input? Sure, I got some input...Don't call the cops. Especially on yourself. It almost never works out well. goodluck.

quincy

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
Possible assault charges
What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My friend and I were at a convenience store after the bar. We called a taxi and when it arrived some drunk guy claimed it was his. This guy came over and started pushing my friend around ( we both are non confrontational people ) however my friend started mouthing off to this guy and pissed him off. So the guy lunges forward to attack my friend and I saw it immediately and quickly went in to help him. it all happened so fast but I ended up punching this guy in the head while he was getting wrapped up with my friend. We didn't realize he had more friends with him and they knocked me out attack me from behind. When I got up my friend was all bloody they kicked his face in while he was on the ground.
I called the cops and no arrests were made on scene they just said they would review the security cams .
My friend is going to need surgery and filed a police report a few days after this event and the police said they would use the footage to figure out the case for arrests and what not .

I'm worried they will see me throwing a punch before my friend got his face stomped on the ground and nail me with assault as well. To me it sounds like I could potentially be screwed if they identify me.

Note. I called the police and gave them a statement the night this occurred so they definitley will recognize me.

Thanks for any input
Here is a link to the law: http://www.legis.state.pa.us/WU01/LI/LI/CT/HTM/18/00.027..HTM

If you are charged with a crime (and there is the possibility you will be), do not speak to the police. Hire an attorney. Then refer all questions the police might have to your attorney.

Good luck.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">