• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

possibly dismissel of case?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

krysjohnson08

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MISSOURI
If a confession was made, however the police were not present and my miranda rights have not been read, nor given the oppertunity to have a lawyer present is the confession still able to be used in the court of law?
Is this case still able to hold up, or can it possibly be dismissed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? MISSOURI
If a confession was made, however the police were not present and my miranda rights have not been read, nor given the oppertunity to have a lawyer present is the confession still able to be used in the court of law?
Is this case still able to hold up, or can it possibly be dismissed?What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
It could be possible be used. Who was the confession made to?

kroam82

There must be a few conditions met before you need to be read your rights. 1. you must be in custody or under arrest. 2. There must be law enforcement present, does not include undercover cops. 3. Cops must be asking you questions.

If you do not meet these requirements the cops do not need to read you your rights or ask if you want a lawyer. With the information you provided it sounds like the confession is good as the cops were not present but leaves me with one question if they were not there then how did they get the confession?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">