• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Postponing trial over and over

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

aquadolphin1968

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?Colorado
My question is how many times can they postpone a trial? It has been rescheduled 4 times. Twice because the D.A scheduled 2 trials for the same day.

JETX

aquadolphin1968 said:
My question is how many times can they postpone a trial?
They can reschedule until either the courts get tired of it and refuses to reset. Where is YOUR attorney??

aquadolphin1968

He is on his second lawyer because the first one wasn't ready for trial so he withdrew himself from the case. The second lawyer isn't doing any better. I don't know how to help him.

JETX

aquadolphin1968 said:
He is on his second lawyer because the first one wasn't ready for trial so he withdrew himself from the case.
Sorry, but that is NOT the truth. A lawyer cannot simply remove himself because he isn't "ready for trial".

The second lawyer isn't doing any better.
And very likely far more to THIS one, too.

aquadolphin1968

This is true. That was the conclusion I came to since his lawyer did not talk to either the witnesses or the victims. 2 weeks prior to his lawyer withdrawing my husband told the judge that he wanted to fire his lawyer because he didn't feel that he was doing his job. The judge told my husband that he wouldn't allow him to fire his lawyer and told him that he thought he was just trying to buy more time. His lawyer was not court appointed he was retained by us. How coincidental that his lawyer decided to withdraw from his case stating that he wasn't getting my husbands cooperation in preparing for trial. (Which is a lie)

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">