• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Potential Cyber Hacking Group REQUESTING MY HELP. What todo?!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Learnax

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA
Alright so i am 15 years old and i have expert knowledge in computer application design and deployment MOST all languages i currently know or have a great deal of knowledge. I have the knowledge to create the script/app he needs.
Basically today about an hour ago i got a skype contact request from a potential 'leader' of a 'hacking organization' SEEKING MY HELP in designing an application/script to run and pickup RFID that will pickup the card, auto dump the card into a secure account.
He proclaims to be the leader/owner/etc of the group.
Now i told him that i will designer an App NOT REALLY i just SAID i would im kinda leading them on until i can get more information from the group.
Who do i report this to FBI or what i kinda just need some help i have the Skype log of the chat, a Number he gave me 'claims to be running on a Russian VPS thru his phone using a Texting app. Saying he cannot be traced because it would take TWO WARRANTS to get his texting logs' ( I'm know the log's can be obtained )
I said i would text him but haven't from my personal number to save myself from a DOX or potential spam and ruin my firmware.
I'm just confused and said i would work as an application designer but i wanna lead them on until i can get some type of federal authority to help me or something.

SORRY IF I SOUND NEWBIE OR ANYTHING TO YOU GUY'S I AM 15 and am kinda paranoid!

Last edited:

OHRoadwarrior

Talk to your parents. Express your desire to notify and assist the FBI. Let them make the contacts with you if they decide to do so.

swalsh411

You are a minor. You should not be making contact with the police without their involvement.

Do not think you will "lead them on" like some sort of vigilante hacker. You don't know what you're doing. If anything, an agent will assume your identity and proceed with the investigation. You will not be involved at that point any more.

tranquility

I agree with the others' advice. Without your parents, you are in a world of hurt.

Frankly, when I saw the title, my blood froze. You have a problem. A very big problem that may affect the rest of your life. A problem that, depending on how serious the other party(ies) are, may not go away easily. I do know one thing, if you do it, you are lost. There will be no way to put that genie back in the bottle. And, while you think you can handle the jail time, there is often an order to not even touch a computer as part of your punishment. How would you like that?

Your real options are two. One, do nothing and see if they retaliate. Two, go to the police. (FBI--whatever.) Either choice will require the support of your parents to increase the chance of success so you might as well tell them now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">