• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pre Warrant Application In Ga

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jgipson

What is the name of your state? IN

What is the name of your state? IN
i live in Indiana and my daughter is currently visiting her dad in GA, he is fighting me on sneding her back she is 13 years old, so i have been trying to call him over the past few weeks to give him her flight information, he has now went to a civil court to say i am harrasing him, he went to the magistrate court in his county I don't understand how he can do someting like this since I am the custodial parent of my daughter, & I should be able to call at anytime to check on her, this is just his way of making problems the court date they gave him just happens to be the day after my daughter is to arrive home, and I already have a lawyer to represent me since i am not going to be able to fly to GA for something so trivial. How can the courts do this since they know nothing about the sidtution? thank you for your help on advance.

seniorjudge

Q: How can the courts do this since they know nothing about the sidtution?

A: Just because a lawsuit is filed doesn't mean it is valid.

outonbail

I should be able to call at anytime to check on her,
No, you should let her enjoy the time she gets to spend with her dad in peace and quiet, doing what father and daughter have a right to do. You know when she is scheduled to return, what is the reason for you being so insecure and having to call "anytime to check on her"? If she feels something is so important that she needs to stop whatever her and dad are doing to alert you, then I imagine she would do just that.
But to have to have their mornings, days and evenings interrupted constantly, by neurotic mom, takes a lot of the quality out of her visit. I can't imagine why you would have to have so much control over their visit that it has now escalated into you having to hire an attorney, but I suggest that you have a little faith in your daughter and give her the room to breathe and get to know her dad without her having to worry about hurting mom in the process. You thought enough of dad to have his child, now it's time to trust them both and maybe take a little time yourself to do something while your daughters away.

But you have to face reality here, she's growing older and she has a daddy that she has a right to spend time with, so accept it!
I know this is hard for you to deal with, but it's not about you right now.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">