• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pressing Charges

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

peoriaIllinois

Illinois-What is the time limitation I have to press charges on a battery? The police were involved however I declined to press charges at the time.

What is the name of your state? Illinois.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

Isis1

Illinois-What is the time limitation I have to press charges on a battery? The police were involved however I declined to press charges at the time.

What is the name of your state? Illinois.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?
how long ago did this occur?

peoriaIllinois

pressing charges

I suppose I am thinking more along the lines of being reimbursed for the dental procedure. Being that there was a police report filed and a hospital visit, do I have grounds to sue?

Banned_Princess

I suppose I am thinking more along the lines of being reimbursed for the dental procedure. Being that there was a police report filed and a hospital visit, do I have grounds to sue?
Now you are talking about a civil suit for damages.

yes. you can do that.

peoriaIllinois

pressing charges

Thank you again. I've never been to this site before, or any forum for that matter. I really wish I could get the police back involved, but I will settle for the civil suit.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">