• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Is pretrial intervention the same as a conviction?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

RollooftheNorm

I'm currently 21 at the moment and live is SC. Almost a year ago I was charged with a misdemeanor offense and later was referred to pti. Since then I completed the program, but I was wondering does doing pti still considered as a conviction?

quincy

I'm currently 21 at the moment and live is SC. Almost a year ago I was charged with a misdemeanor offense and later was referred to pti. Since then I completed the program, but I was wondering does doing pti still considered as a conviction?
It appears that your thread was overlooked, RollooftheNorm. I'm sorry.

If you are still curious about pre-trial intervention in South Carolina and whether it is considered a conviction, the answer is "no" IF all of the terms of the program are met to the court's satisfaction. The charges are dismissed. All official records can be expunged.

Again, I apologize for our failure to address your question earlier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">