• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prisoners Human rights

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sis_bro

What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Louisiana
My brother was booked and charged for drug related charges. He has been in jail for a month. He is in a cell designed for 12 people and there are 42 in it. They have boils, rasheds, ringworms and other bodily sores. He is exposed to excessive heat (temps get to 100 here on any day).There are no windows (inadequate ventilation), no AC or fans. The smell of the cell is foul. Because of the overcrowding, They are sleeping on floors. he has been in this condition for a month now. It is a violation of the Eight Admendment of the Constitution. Is there someone I can call and report this to and will actions be taken seriously when I do?? PLEASE help if you can!!!

Thanks!

Heather2

sis_bro said:
What is the name of your state?undefinedWhat is the name of your state? Louisiana
My brother was booked and charged for drug related charges. He has been in jail for a month. He is in a cell designed for 12 people and there are 42 in it. They have boils, rasheds, ringworms and other bodily sores. He is exposed to excessive heat (temps get to 100 here on any day).There are no windows (inadequate ventilation), no AC or fans. The smell of the cell is foul. Because of the overcrowding, They are sleeping on floors. he has been in this condition for a month now. It is a violation of the Eight Admendment of the Constitution. Is there someone I can call and report this to and will actions be taken seriously when I do?? PLEASE help if you can!!!

Thanks!
Most people on this forum don't care about inmates but the forum below can help. I'm not sure which category to put it in though so try putting it in general prison talk.
http://prisontalk.com/forums/

grasmicc

This is a good example of why you shouldn't live in the South. I'm not kidding.

There may be some relief available for him through the federal courts, but he's going to need an attorney. Step one is get him an attorney and have him work with the attorney.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">