• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Privacy Violation?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

MipHelp

***Washington State***

I was recently arrested and ticketed with an MIP. i was searched and my belongings were siezed including my cell phone. I was cuffed and put into the back of the police car and later released with a ticket. a friend of mine called me soon afterward asking how much trouble i was in. i asked him how he knew about it and he said that the police officer answered my cell phone and told him that i couldnt come to the phone because i was under arrest for MIP and in the back of his car. Is this technically an invasion of privacy and could i possibly get my charges dropped because of it??
Thanks

CdwJava

It is two seperate issues. Answering the phone is unrelated to your charges. if you want to complain to the officer's agency about him answering the phone, go right ahead. if you want to pay an attorney to domplain for you, and to try and pursue a case against the police department in a matter where you suffered no damage, go right ahead.

Even if answering your phone were against policy or somehow illegal in your state, it has nothing to do with your charges.

- Carl

billeasterling

Two charges

Your charge with MIP is a totally different process.
An officers violation does not automatically dismiss your MIP.
Get a sharp lawyer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">