• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pro Se

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cricket140

What is the name of your state? Idaho

If I am being charged with a misdemeanor, can I skip the attorney and call the prosecutor myself? If I do this, am I stupid? The whole thing has gotten out of control and I believe I got some very bad advice from an attorney and this whole thing is costing way more than the $300.00 fine. confused:

CdwJava

cricket140 said:
What is the name of your state? Idaho

If I am being charged with a misdemeanor, can I skip the attorney and call the prosecutor myself? If I do this, am I stupid? The whole thing has gotten out of control and I believe I got some very bad advice from an attorney and this whole thing is costing way more than the $300.00 fine. confused:
It really depends on the nature of the charge.

However, most DAs are not going to talk to a defendant directly. If he does, be prepared to go on record as to waiving a right to counsel, the understanding that what you cay could be used against you, etc.

If there is ANY chance of you going to jail, consider hiring an attorney or getting a public defender if you cannot afford your own attorney.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">