• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

gharmon

What is the name of your state?Tennessee
what does being on disability do to probation fees and court cost/fines. what does it do to the gainful employment rule?

Heather2

gharmon said:
What is the name of your state?Tennessee
what does being on disability do to probation fees and court cost/fines. what does it do to the gainful employment rule?
You don't have to be employed when you are on disability. In my case they gave me the minimum court costs and probation fee they could (I'm on disability too). And my PO got my probation fee completely waived. They may not do it for you but it wouldn't hurt to ask. Are you on probation now or are you about to be?

seniorjudge

Q: what does being on disability do to probation fees and court cost/fines.

A: Nothing. But ask the judge if you can be forgiven those expenses.

Q: what does it do to the gainful employment rule?

A: Ask your officer.

gharmon

tennessee
Tyson-bird
I am on probation now, but my doctor has placed me on disability and i was wondering what woould happen next to my probation rules and court cost. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.

Heather2

gharmon said:
tennessee
Tyson-bird
I am on probation now, but my doctor has placed me on disability and i was wondering what woould happen next to my probation rules and court cost. Thank you for taking the time to answer my questions.
Your court costs will stay the same but talk to your PO and see if there is any chance to get your probation fee lowered.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">