• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation - owning firearm

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jseeberj

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

Recently I was convicted of a class a misdemeanor for dui. Before this I filed for a CCW and acquired a firearm for protection at home. Is it illegal to keep this firearm in my home during my probation?

Thanks.

CdwJava

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? IN

Recently I was convicted of a class a misdemeanor for dui. Before this I filed for a CCW and acquired a firearm for protection at home. Is it illegal to keep this firearm in my home during my probation?

Thanks.
If Indiana law makes it a crime for a probationer to own or possess firearms,then it would be illegal. However, I suspect that unless the conditions of your probation specifically prohibit your possession of a firearm, you can probably have one at home. A CCW may be another matter as that might be abl eto be rejected for most any reason.

I am not familiar with all of Indiana's firearms laws so you might consider contacting an attorney.

In the meantime, here is a link to sections of the relevant law:

Indiana Code TITLE 35, Article 47 Table of Contents

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">