• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

A

adviseseeker

What is the name of your state? Illinois
My boyfriend is out on probation his sentence was 8 yrs he served 5 in florida.(He moved to Ill. after he was released.) His probation is for 5 yrs he has been out for 1 yr 3mths. he failed 1 drug test in june and passed the next 3 . anyway his Il. P.O. told his fla. p.o. and FL. had a warrent against him and was arrested for violation of probation the beginning of October. Now he is awaiting extradition. my question is ... Is there a time limit on how long he can ride around in this bus or van that picks him up? And does anyone know weather florida courts would revoke his probation for 1 violation he has never had any problems with drugs and we have letters from his employer assuring he will still have a job and our landlord on how he hasnt had any poblems with him, along with others that have known him for the last yr. His P.O. here also sent a positive report to his fl. P.O. thanks for any response

calatty

They're not going to give him that scenic bus tour to Florida if they don't intend to lock him up when he gets there. I am sure there is no time limit on how long the bus trip can be. Presumably they have to pick up people in a number of states.

A

adviseseeker

Thanks for that response but the reason he has to go back to florida is because FL. never gave up jurisdiction so he new in the beginning that he would have to go back to court there if there were any problems. His Il. P.O. didnt tell him about his warrent or he would have went down on his own.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">