• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

hockeymom02

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Ma.

Hi, my son has been on probation and urine testing for almost a year.

Friday night my son and three friends attended a H.S. football game. When they arrived Officer K------- was checking out the parking lots.
Son and one of his friends left game 20 min. later.

Monday I recieved a call from Officer K-------- saying that he needed to speake with my son. I asked what it was in reguards to he said he would rather not say. My son went down to the Police Staition. He spoke with another officer who informed him that Officer K------- had observed him and his three buddys.(He named them) @ the game and he then noticed a 3/4 full bottle of beer in my sons truck. My son told the officer that there wasn't any beer in his truck and reminded the officer that he was still on probation and also urines tests.

A week later he recieved a summons for a probation violation. charges -You consumed and or had alcohol in your possesion.

Is this legal? Don't they need some proof? All four boys are under 21. noone else recieved a summons even though one of boys is also on probation.

CdwJava

The officer's testimony that he saw alcohol in your son's car is proof. All because your son tests does not mean he could not have consumed or been in possession of alcohol. In fact, possession does not even require consumption. And since alcohol metabolizes relatively quickly, your son wouldn't have to worry about testing positive for it - and I'm sure he knows that.

The reason that the other probationer didn't likely get cited was because the alcohol was in your SON's truck, and not the other kid's.

On a fatherly note ... My question is ... what were those kids doing? They went to the game and left 20 minutes later? Sounds like they went to hook up with some pals for ... whatever. Around here that generally means they were heading out to have a good time. I'd be really concerned if my son was on probation for alcohol and/or drugs (and if he is testing I am guessing that one or both of those substances has been a problem for him). Heck, my son wouldn't be heading out without supervision period! But, that's me.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">