• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Mooninite1982

What is the name of your state? New Mexico, Valencia County

Hello. My name is Ramona. Last night my friend was arrested for probation violation - she had a warrant out for her arrest. I'm the only family she has so I'm trying to get some information for her for when I go visit her in a few hours. She didn't go to her last probation meeting with her probation person (I know nothing about law,I'm a Psych major lol) and so that put a warrant out for her. Now shes in jail and shes afraid she will have to be there for months or more. They arent telling her anything and so I was wondering if anyone knows about what the procedure is for this and the average jail time involved, Thanks so much in advance!

~Ramona

outonbail

Mooninite1982 said:
What is the name of your state? New Mexico, Valencia County

Hello. My name is Ramona. Last night my friend was arrested for probation violation - she had a warrant out for her arrest. I'm the only family she has so I'm trying to get some information for her for when I go visit her in a few hours. She didn't go to her last probation meeting with her probation person (I know nothing about law,I'm a Psych major lol) and so that put a warrant out for her. Now shes in jail and shes afraid she will have to be there for months or more. They arent telling her anything and so I was wondering if anyone knows about what the procedure is for this and the average jail time involved, Thanks so much in advance!

~Ramona
She can be made to serve out her original sentence and she should know this.

If she was sentenced to a year in jail and the sentence was suspended because she was given the opportunity to be placed on probation, which comes along with specific terms and she violates those terms, probation can be violated and she can be picked up to begin serving her original sentence. In this example, one year.

There isn't much information you can give her that she isn't already aware of,,,, she knew what the consequences were when she failed to show up for her appointment with her probation officer.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">