• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

antlaw

What is the name of your state? florida

Can a person be violated from probation for receiving a traffic ticket?

seniorjudge

antlaw said:
What is the name of your state? florida

Can a person be violated from probation for receiving a traffic ticket?
Q: Can a person be violated from probation for receiving a traffic ticket?

A: Yes, if you are on probation for breaking the law and you break the law again, then that is a violation of your probation plus the new offense.

Heather2

seniorjudge said:
Q: Can a person be violated from probation for receiving a traffic ticket?

A: Yes, if you are on probation for breaking the law and you break the law again, then that is a violation of your probation plus the new offense.
Actually seniorjudge it varies from state to state. Here in Texas it does not violate probation to get a ticket. Unfortunately for the OP I don't know the rules for Florida.

ceara19

Heather2 said:
Actually seniorjudge it varies from state to state. Here in Texas it does not violate probation to get a ticket. Unfortunately for the OP I don't know the rules for Florida.
That's not completely true. It all depends on WHY the person is on probation and what type of ticket they receive.

If you are on probation for drag racing and get a speeding ticket, that's a violation.

DUI/Open container - violation

Drug Charges/paraphernalia - violation.

I could go on, but I'm sure you've got the idea.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">