• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Cnhoward1584

my bf was arrested for a traffic violation warrant and is currently on probation. As you know, being on probation and getting arrested can result in the judge revoking your probation. What are his chances that the judge will show leniency on him and just adjust his probation since it was just for a traffic ticket???

quincy

my bf was arrested for a traffic violation warrant and is currently on probation. As you know, being on probation and getting arrested can result in the judge revoking your probation. What are his chances that the judge will show leniency on him and just adjust his probation since it was just for a traffic ticket???
What is the name of your state, Cnhoward1584?

There is no way any of us can tell you what your boyfriend's chances are that his judge will show leniency and just adjust his probation. We do not know your boyfriend or the judge.

quincy

I understand that but I was just speaking generally. how does it work when someone violates their probation
We request that all posters provide the names of their states or, in your described situation, the name of your boyfriend's state. State laws vary so the state name is important so the information provided is not inapplicable.

That said, if you just want general information, here is a link to Probation FAQ, from Findlaw: http://criminal.findlaw.com/criminal-procedure/probation-faq.html

And here from the FreeAdvice staff is more information: http://criminal-law.freeadvice.com/criminal-law/parole_probation/probation_violation_parole.htm

If your boyfriend were posting and not you, I would advise that he dress nicely for the hearing, be polite and contrite. When you are standing before a judge who can revoke your probation, attitude REALLY matters.

quincy

My apologies, I'm new to this and not really sure if I'm asking the right question. We are in Texas
Thank you for providing the state name, Cnhoward. Because you only wanted general information, the state is not vital but, if you still have questions after reading the information in the links I provided, you can post back with them.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">