• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Violation

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Ashlie20

hello . My boyfriend was recently released from jail to do the work release program & to report to a probation officer . The program he was assign to removed him due to an altercation between him and another person and my boyfriend was told to go to the IRC and find another program to complete his community service . For one , he didn't go to community service for two weeks due to him being removed . For two , he checked into probation a day late . A day later from checking into probation he was arrested and taking back to jail . When I researched him at first it said for him to be released a month later . I checked his record again and it now says 3 months later . But , no court date was assigned and I also haven't heard of a warrant being out for his arrest . Would anyone be able to inform me on how long he will be actually be in jail for this situation. Also what might have been the reason for his arrest ?

justalayman

I would guess he was arrested for a probabtion violation.

How long he will remain jailed is going to depend on a lot of factors, including what his actual sentence was originally, how much time did he actually serve, and how the judge feels that day

legalservice

hello . My boyfriend was recently released from jail to do the work release program & to report to a probation officer . The program he was assign to removed him due to an altercation between him and another person and my boyfriend was told to go to the IRC and find another program to complete his community service . For one , he didn't go to community service for two weeks due to him being removed . For two , he checked into probation a day late . A day later from checking into probation he was arrested and taking back to jail . When I researched him at first it said for him to be released a month later . I checked his record again and it now says 3 months later . But , no court date was assigned and I also haven't heard of a warrant being out for his arrest . Would anyone be able to inform me on how long he will be actually be in jail for this situation. Also what might have been the reason for his arrest ?
Why don't you call his probation officer and see how long he is going to be locked up? I know this sounds difficult, but being a friend of the court will only help his cause, even if it requires him to get back on terms with his probation officer and acknowledge to give him another chance. He should be in receipt of his court dates or very soon now. Usually when probation is violated, he is granted a probation violation final hearing, and court date. If he violates, the term will be imposed at the hearing. Judges do not take kindly to probation violations and non-compliance.

Ashlie20

Okay . Thank you all for the advice . I honestly have no clue who his probation officer is or how to get in contact with him . I would always just wait for him outside of the building . But I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to go down to the probation office and ask questions . Thank you again ☺️

quincy

Okay . Thank you all for the advice . I honestly have no clue who his probation officer is or how to get in contact with him . I would always just wait for him outside of the building . But I guess it wouldn't hurt for me to go down to the probation office and ask questions . Thank you again ☺️
Although it won't hurt to ask questions at the probation office, there will probably be no answers available until your friend goes to court. The answers depend on many factors, including the ones justalayman noted earlier.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">