• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation violation? Need help please urgent!

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

lorindaleigh

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My husband wrote some checks out in 2006, because the checking account was in my name I am the one found responsible. I was arrested in May for these checks. I was sentenced to 6 months of unsupervised probation.

July 18th I was arrested by the county next to us from the same thing, bad checks from 2006. I was in jail for 37 days and they released me as soon as my husband paid the fines in full. In the meantime, my husband was evicted from our house. My probation officer issued a bench warrent for me because he didn't have an address for me or know where I was.

I just got off the phone with him. He told me to turn myself in on Friday. That I would spend the day at the court house and then that they would release me. Is this true? Will they just release me or will I be going to jail? Is it considered a violation since I did not have any new charges and they were just older fines?

Also, the house that we found is in another county. I asked my probation officer about it and he said that after court on Friday, I would just sign papers and would be able to live in the other county. Is it really that easy? I just want to make sure before I pay for the house today.

Thanks!

Antigone*

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA

My husband wrote some checks out in 2006, because the checking account was in my name I am the one found responsible. I was arrested in May for these checks. I was sentenced to 6 months of unsupervised probation.

July 18th I was arrested by the county next to us from the same thing, bad checks from 2006. I was in jail for 37 days and they released me as soon as my husband paid the fines in full. In the meantime, my husband was evicted from our house. My probation officer issued a bench warrent for me because he didn't have an address for me or know where I was.

I just got off the phone with him. He told me to turn myself in on Friday. That I would spend the day at the court house and then that they would release me. Is this true? Will they just release me or will I be going to jail? Is it considered a violation since I did not have any new charges and they were just older fines?

Also, the house that we found is in another county. I asked my probation officer about it and he said that after court on Friday, I would just sign papers and would be able to live in the other county. Is it really that easy? I just want to make sure before I pay for the house today.

Thanks!
I'm sorry but the FA crystal ball has been out of order for the last six months and SeniorJudge decided to take our back up and refuses to return it.

You might want to ask your PO.

dave33

The violation will hopefully be withdrawn or a guilty plea accepted and you released when you confirm your new address. That is the best case and nobody can know for sure. It really depends on the status-quo in that area.
It does sound realistic for your probation officer to help you switch counties. It will most likely mean a new probation officer. goodluck.

reaper316

probation vilation need help

I am tryint to join the army but i can not join till i get a matter taken care of . when i was released i never knew that i was put on probation. appertly there is a bench warrent out for me in another state that i got in '05 can anyone give adice on how to take care of that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">