• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

probation warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

M

mwalsh

What is the name of your state? Indiana
I am new here and am not sure how to do this. I am going to post this in 2 rooms because I am not sure where to put it.

ok the problem is I was put on probation Class a mis. for theft recieving stolen property. I am on a non report for 270 days. with a 1000.00 fine

During the time that I got put on probation I had wrote a bad check now 4 months later they are pressing charges which is also a class a mis. the PO has now violated my probation.

The questions are these:

1) if I don't turn myself in will they coming after me??

2) if I moved out of state will they come to get me there????

3) is it safe to get a job with the warrant for me?????

I know what I did was wrong but I am now scared to death that I am going to go to jail for a year. I have 3 kids and am scared to go to jail and not be with them. I know I should have thought about htis at the time but I did not know what I had was stolen and the check I did not know about.

4) Can I get out of this with out going to jail????/
I am sorry this is so long.
Could some please help me.
Thank you

stephenk

Are you appearing in court for the bad check charges? If yes, you may be arrested in court for the Probation violation.

If you dont go to court, you risk having a warrant for your arrest for both the bad check charge and for a probation violation.

if you get a job and they run a background check, they will find the conviction and maybe the warrants.

time to start taking care of business! dont hide your head in the sand or your kids wont be seeing you for a while.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">