• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probation Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

jma72803

Probation Warrant..PLEASE HELP

What is the name of your state?Ga

Just hours ago my boyfriend was arrested at my home for a Probation Warrant. My question though is what is the normal amount of time they usually serve for such a arrest. The probation would have been over with in days.But he has not attended his appointment or gave money in 2 months.So is it likely that they will just make him serve his probation time he had left,which was a couple days or do they count from the last visit he attended with his probation officer?If someone has any advice for me please help me.I am hoping It will not be long but I dont know the normal sentencing for such an arrest.

Last edited:

Two Bit

The time he was serving his probation would have been told from the time of his violation or from the time that the warrant was issued. So it sounds like he has a couple of months that he could potentially serve.

It's never wise to keep a PO in the dark. No matter what else happens, you need to get to the meetings.

jma72803

thank you for responding. I agree with you about keeping the PO in the dark..but whats done is dine..thank you for your advice.

jma72803

reply to two bit

i had a quick question if you read this forum again...are you in the legal/law field or just a little knowledge and advice..ty you again

Two Bit

I'm a deputy sheriff with a degree in criminal justice. Most of the stuff I talk about here come from my observations of how things work in Gerogia's criminal justice system. My nine years of expereince has been as a street cop, detective, jailer, and deputy sheriff. It's not comprehensive.

My discussion with you comes from sitting in municipal court a lot, where the judge always told people that he could live with almost anything, as long as the probationer reported to the PO, and from watching people in jail on VOP warrants languish frorever before their PO got around to coming to see them. Also I've served plenty of the warrants with the dates where it tolls the probation when the warrant is issued, or shortly thereafter.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">