• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Probaton violated, out of state warrant issued

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

ms41778

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA/FL

I was cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession in FL in 2009. I was put on probation, however I moved back to my home state of PA later in the year due to lack of employment. I spoke to the probation people before I moved and they said it was ok. When I got back to PA, I still had a hard time finding a job and ended up violating probation due to lack of funds. It is now 2015 and I'm wondering how to get everything back in order and put this behind me. I've obtained an Associates Degree however with this showing up on background checks I'm getting shot down for jobs. Is this something I'm going to have to travel to FL and figure out or can it be fixed from out of state?

Indiana Filer

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? PA/FL

I was cited for misdemeanor marijuana possession in FL in 2009. I was put on probation, however I moved back to my home state of PA later in the year due to lack of employment. I spoke to the probation people before I moved and they said it was ok. When I got back to PA, I still had a hard time finding a job and ended up violating probation due to lack of funds. It is now 2015 and I'm wondering how to get everything back in order and put this behind me. I've obtained an Associates Degree however with this showing up on background checks I'm getting shot down for jobs. Is this something I'm going to have to travel to FL and figure out or can it be fixed from out of state?
You will most likely have to go to Florida to get this straightened out. Did you have a probation officer in Pennsylvania? If so, call that office and speak to someone to see what they advise. Also, call your old probation office in Florida to see what they advise to do. There's a chance you might have a warrant for your arrest.

xylene

You should talk to a lawyer before you initiate any law or probabtion enforcement contact.

It really would have been wise to have obtained some kind of written clearance to leave the state of Florida in 2009.
I'm not saying that to to castigate you too much just for the benefit of any reader thinking of moving out of state while on probation.

You say you talked to "the probation people" - do you remember who that was specifically?

Do you remember who your PO was?

Do you have any paperwork from your case and / or probation?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">