• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Problems with DEA in Ga

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

cartman

In Georgia, a couple of months ago, I was pulled over by agents. I was detained for an hour while they searched for contraband and subsequently let go when nothing was found. While I was being searched by one group of agents, another group of agents entered my residence without a search warrant and practically ransacked the place. At the time I had a tenant living in my basement apt which has completely seperate living area from mine and apparently the tenant may have been involved in some illegal activities, however no arrests were made. I evicted the tenant immediately and had hoped to return to normalcy, but now I have recently found out that one of the agents involved in this operation is friends with one of my neighbors and has been running his mouth about how I operated a drug house which is completely untrue. This has apparently occurred within the last couple of weeks as there had been no mention of the incident for 6 weeks and now suddenly everyone in the neighborhood knows of this incident. My children's friends are not allowed to associate with my kids anymore and everyone in the neighborhood avoids us now. Isn't this slander and defamation of character for this agent to have done this? Or at least some type of violation of protocol that should result in disciplinary actions from his superiors? I feel my reputation has been irreparably destroyed by this agent's gossip and I'm probably going to have to sell my house and move to a different community because of this? Do I have any recourse for monetary damages in a civil court? If anyone knows of an attorney in Ga who can help, please let me know.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">