• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

procedure & statute of limitations for child molestation & statuatory rape

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Justin_Sanchez

What is the statute of limitations for statuatory rape and child molestation for California? How would I procede if the perp is currently residing in another state (Hawaii)? What kind of evidence is needed to convict a perp? This predator is, to my knowledge, still continuing to manipulate young, underage youths into sex, and as far as I am aware, he has never been successfully prosecuted. I do not know if he has ever been accused, but how would I find that out? Any serious advice would be highly appreciated. My chief concern is in seeing that he can no longer continue to do this to others. Thank you.

CdwJava

Justin_Sanchez said:
What is the statute of limitations for statuatory rape and child molestation for California? How would I procede if the perp is currently residing in another state (Hawaii)? What kind of evidence is needed to convict a perp? This predator is, to my knowledge, still continuing to manipulate young, underage youths into sex, and as far as I am aware, he has never been successfully prosecuted. I do not know if he has ever been accused, but how would I find that out? Any serious advice would be highly appreciated. My chief concern is in seeing that he can no longer continue to do this to others. Thank you.
The SOL depends on the circumstances. Proof would generally require something more than the accusation of the underage partner ... medical evidence, witnesses, a confession, etc.

Contact the local law enforcement agency where the assault(s) took place and ask to speak to an officer or detective.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">