• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

proof of service?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sammygotaticket

What is the name of your state? California

Hey guys,
Long story made short - I sent in a motion to the court and just a few days ago I received this back from the court..

"Please provide proof of service and mail to District Attorney's office."

What exactly is "proof of service"? ANY help at all appreciated, thanks

-Sammy

garrula lingua

Sammy, I don't know exactly what you are trying to file, but you can find the Judicial Council Form "proof of service" (either proof of personal service or service by mail) at courtinfo.ca.gov/forms... go to proof of service, it will say Civil or Family Law, but criminal court clerks will accept it as proof as long as it is filled out properly.

Basically, in any legal action, you must notify the other side (by serving them with a complete copy) of whatever you are filing with the court.

Have someone, other than yourself, mail, or personally serve, the opposing party and have them (the one who did the serving) fill out the proof of service, and sign it.
Attach that completed proof of service to whatever motion you are filing with the court.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">