• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Property stolen from party

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

chris07

What is the name of your state? California

Hi everybody,

Last night I was at a party at a friends house, and two phones, a camera and a computer were stolen. I have heard through a friend that one person was seen leaving the house carrying several objects under his jacket and leaving in a car. I heard this through the driver of the car. Also, a couple months ago, I heard the suspected person speaking of stealing a gaming console from a previous party, so I have no doubt that he was the one who stole the items. Is there anything to do to re-obtain the stolen property? Thank you very much, any advice will be of great help.

chris07

No police report has been filed yet. There was underage drinking at the party, would that affect the case, or bring up legal problems against the homeowner if this is divulged?

CdwJava

Without police involvement your pal is left with either taking the suspect to small claims court, or, attempting to retrieve the property himself. As it is, there appears to be no real evidence that this guy stole anything. Realistically, there are as many suspects as attendees to the party.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">