• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Prostitution

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

katushkacz

What is the name of your state? GA

my roommate got arrested for prostitution yesterday. An undercover cop came to our house. I was outside so I am not really sure what happened inside. All I know is that he was in there, they exchanged the money - she said she did not touch it and and other police men ran in. She got arrested but because she has never done it before, her bond is $1000 and cash bond $50. I already paid the $50 to jail so she should be getting out any time soon now. We want to know what is going to happen to her. I know she is going to have another court in October. Will she go to jail? Does it stay in the criminal history?
Also, she had $500 in her wallet. The detective went through her wallet to get her ID. She was not allowed to take her wallet with her. When she called me she said I should use the money to get her out. However, it looks like the detective stole $260 from her. Can they do that? Is there anything she can do?
Thank you for any replies

racer72

All I know is that he was in there, they exchanged the money - she said she did not touch it and and other police men ran in.
Money does not have to change hands for it to be prostitution. Just an offer of an exchange of money for a sex act is all that is required.

Also, she had $500 in her wallet. The detective went through her wallet to get her ID. She was not allowed to take her wallet with her. When she called me she said I should use the money to get her out. However, it looks like the detective stole $260 from her. Can they do that? Is there anything she can do?
That's going to be awful hard to prove.

Is there anything she can do?
Hiring an attorney, the sooner the better, would be the best thing at this time.

Shay-Pari'e

What is the name of your state? GA

my roommate got arrested for prostitution yesterday. An undercover cop came to our house. I was outside so I am not really sure what happened inside. All I know is that he was in there, they exchanged the money - she said she did not touch it and and other police men ran in. She got arrested but because she has never done it before, her bond is $1000 and cash bond $50. I already paid the $50 to jail so she should be getting out any time soon now. We want to know what is going to happen to her. I know she is going to have another court in October. Will she go to jail? Does it stay in the criminal history?
Also, she had $500 in her wallet. The detective went through her wallet to get her ID. She was not allowed to take her wallet with her. When she called me she said I should use the money to get her out. However, it looks like the detective stole $260 from her. Can they do that? Is there anything she can do?Thank you for any replies[

I'm actually speechless, but I can't stop laughing either.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">