• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Drunk procedures

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

nickmv

What is the name of your state? MISSISSIPPI

First, I'll start off with a quick story to give necessary info. We were trying to find a party, so my buddy drops me off at a friends house and he leaves. Well, before I could get up the steps to my friend's house, I see yet another friend drive by, but this one is about to miss the turn. I'm on the sidewalk, and I take off running down it to flag him down and shout his name. This was at approx 11pm. Anyways, out of nowhere, undercovers come up and are all in my face, they take all of us, round us up at my friend's house.

Then they claim they smell weed (there was no smell of weed when they sat us down for the search), went and got a warrant and tore my buddy's house apart, and who knows what they found, thats not important anyways. Point is, I was NOT drunk; they claimed to see me stumbling, which is impossible since I was running full speed. Don't they have to breathalize me or something? I wasn't arrested, but was given a PubDrunk ticket. I wanna fight this as best I can, because I am innocent.

Any help would be appreciated.

Last edited:

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">