• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

guest12345

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Georgia

I was walking back from a bar by myself and had passed out on a sidewalk/lawn. The neighbors complained to the police, and I was written a traffic citation. The officer took me to the hospital, where I woke up the following morning. I was unable to sign the citation and the citation stated that I showed my driver's license as bond. The citation does not state that he breathalyzed me. I am over 21 years old.

What are my repercussions here? Should I contact a lawyer or public defender? The citation states that I should go into court next month. Do I have to do this or can I get it resolved beforehand? I am really just looking for my next steps.

Any advice you have would be greatly appreciated. Thank you very much in advance.What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)?

guest12345

Oh, and it is my first citation, so I don't know what the process is.

Again, any advice would be appreciated. Thanks!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">