• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Public Intoxication summons - please reply

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

dc_hunter

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? Indiana

I recently recieved a summons in the mail, for a court appearance for a Public Intoxication Charge. I am 21 years old.

In early November 2009, I was a passenger in a truck. I was highly intoxicated. The driver of the truck had been drinking as well. I began vomitting profusely, eyes rolled back in my head. The driver pulled over, and fearing I was in real danger, called 911 for an ambulance. When they arrived, I was taken to the hospital. The cops were called. I know the driver spent the night in jail, but am not sure what charges he recieved.

My question is: Do I need legal representation with me for my court appearance? How should I plead? Whatever plea I enter, what could I expect the sentence / penatly to be? Thanks.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
Posting the same thing twice will not get you an answer any faster.

What statute did you get charged with?

dc_hunter

Thanks for the response. Sorry for not replying to your question right away.
I am looking at the "Criminal Summons" now. Just says to appear in court on such and such day/time with respect to an Initial Hearing for PUBLIC INTOXICATION.. That is exactly how its typed on the letter. Also says if you do not appear, an application may be made for the issuance of a warrant for your arrest.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">