• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pulled over and cops go to house and search

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Status
Not open for further replies.

richard james

What is the name of your state? texas i get pulled over and the law searched my ride didnt find anything and because i had two felony drug cases pending they said i was the dope man.they brought the dog and couldnt find anything,so they had another cop take me to jail and they went on to my house.they went in and got 13lbs of marijuana,58grams of meth,2grams of cocaine,and a 9milimeter hand gun.HOW CAN THEY DO THIS,PLEASE ANY KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED,THANK YOU

ceara19

richard james said:
What is the name of your state? texas i get pulled over and the law searched my ride didnt find anything and because i had two felony drug cases pending they said i was the dope man.they brought the dog and couldnt find anything,so they had another cop take me to jail and they went on to my house.they went in and got 13lbs of marijuana,58grams of meth,2grams of cocaine,and a 9milimeter hand gun.HOW CAN THEY DO THIS,PLEASE ANY KNOWLEDGE WHATSOEVER WOULD BE GREATLY APPRECIATED,THANK YOU
WHY were you pulled over? Since you have TWO drug cases pending, you could have been pulled over for the sole purpose of searching your car. If there was enough evidence to charge you in the cases, there was probably enough to get a search warrant. I think that since they found 13lbs of marijuana,58grams of meth,2grams of cocaine,and a 9milimeter hand gun they have pretty much PROVED that, indeed, you ARE the dope man.

Some Random Guy

What is not currently clear is what the police's justification was for searching your place. The key questions you should discuss with your lawyer are: Did they get a search warrant? Are you on probation?

JETX

richard james said:
HOW CAN THEY DO THIS
There are LOTS of ways that search would be legal... and some ways it wouldn't be. Your defense attorney needs to find out the facts (you don't have them) and advise accordingly.

ceara19

I'm just waiting for the OP to tell us how the 13lbs of marijuana, 58grams of meth, 2grams of cocaine and the 9milimeter hand gun weren't even his. I'm sure it was either "planted" by the cops or he was just holding it for a friend! :rolleyes:

Shay-Pari'e

LawGirl10 said:
this is flame
:rolleyes:

HUH?

A flame is the product of fire, derived from combustion, an exothermic self-sustaining oxidizing chemical reaction. In layman's terms, the part of a fire which heats.

CHRISTIESFV

Reply To Cops Stopping You

FIRST OF ALL I DO NOT KNOW HOW TEXAS LAW WORKS, HOWEVER, I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND I AM NOT ON PAROLE OR PROBATION AND THEY PULLED ME AND MY HUSBAND OVER NOW MY HUSBAND WAS RUNNING ON PAROLE SO THEY PLACED HIM UNDER ARREST. THEY SEARCHED ME FOUND NOTHING, SEARCHED MY CAR FOUND NOTHING THEN THEY PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THAT THEY WERE GOING UP TO MY HOTEL ROOM TO SEARCH AND THATS WHERE THEY FOUND STUFF. MY OPINION IS THIS: I THINK IT WAS AN ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE AND IF YOU ARENT ON PROBATION OR PAROLE CURRENTLY THEN YOU AS WELL HAVE AN UNLAWFUL SEARCH AND SEIZURE. GOOD LUCK.:eek:

ceara19

CHRISTIESFV said:
FIRST OF ALL I DO NOT KNOW HOW TEXAS LAW WORKS, HOWEVER, I LIVE IN CALIFORNIA AND I AM NOT ON PAROLE OR PROBATION AND THEY PULLED ME AND MY HUSBAND OVER NOW MY HUSBAND WAS RUNNING ON PAROLE SO THEY PLACED HIM UNDER ARREST. THEY SEARCHED ME FOUND NOTHING, SEARCHED MY CAR FOUND NOTHING THEN THEY PROCEEDED TO TELL ME THAT THEY WERE GOING UP TO MY HOTEL ROOM TO SEARCH AND THATS WHERE THEY FOUND STUFF. MY OPINION IS THIS: I THINK IT WAS AN ILLEGAL SEARCH AND SEIZURE AND IF YOU ARENT ON PROBATION OR PAROLE CURRENTLY THEN YOU AS WELL HAVE AN UNLAWFUL SEARCH AND SEIZURE. GOOD LUCK.:eek:
STOP YELLING!! No it wasn't illegal, it was your husbands hotel room too. Plus, you were harboring a fugitive. Even if the room was ONLY yours, they could still search it.

You also need to start your own thread if you want more answers.

richard james

replying back

What is not currently clear is what the police's justification was for searching your place. The key questions you should discuss with your lawyer are: Did they get a search warrant? Are you on probation?
Check this out the reasons for entering as on the police report said (1)there was a cocaine bust the day before and the snitch said that my house was supplying the neighborhood with cocaine and marijuana.(2)they said it looked as if the back door was kicked in and there had been a burglary and they feared someones life was in danger.I had two pitbulls running around out back they had to get animal control to take to the pound cause my dogs were not letting them in.also my roomate who was inside the whole time flushed his stuff and some how all drugs were underneath court papers and tickets in my name.If you can take time and read this i would really appreciate you man,cause from your reply you sound like you know what the hell your doing,any advice greatly appreciated,thank you

richard james

There are LOTS of ways that search would be legal... and some ways it wouldn't be. Your defense attorney needs to find out the facts (you don't have them) and advise accordingly.
i have the facts,it happened to me,im facing 5 to life in prison and what i say is exactly what happened and is exactly what it says in the police report.im not here to tell stories and make things up for everybodys amusement!my life is in someone elses hands!so please dont tell me i dont have the facts,because your bottom line calling me a liar!THATS A FACT,SIGNED, AND WRITTEN!

richard james

WHY were you pulled over? Since you have TWO drug cases pending, you could have been pulled over for the sole purpose of searching your car. If there was enough evidence to charge you in the cases, there was probably enough to get a search warrant. I think that since they found 13lbs of marijuana,58grams of meth,2grams of cocaine,and a 9milimeter hand gun they have pretty much PROVED that, indeed, you ARE the dope man.
NO never been convicted of anything,but havent they violated my rights,illegally doing something wrong.and this all happened because i had a really loud car stereo system and the bass from my speakers rattled out screws in my door panels,which they said"screws are missing from your door panels,so you have been smuggling drugs,where are they at"also the reason for pulling me over was "your stereo was playing to loud"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">