• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

pulled over for no reason by undercover dea

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

synfullysweet

What is the name of your state? missouri
I was dropping my kids off at a friend of theirs' house, which is located in an alley, that is not a one way alley, but does only fit one vehicle, when a truck coming from the other end of the alley pulls up in front of me, I back up out of the alley into the street and proceed to turn around, when i see lights on their dash, and pull over,
They say they stopped me for blocking the alley, which the only thing I was doing was dropping off my kids, (i never left the vehicle, or turned the vehicle off, just let them out) I was just trying to drive down the alley, which is what they were doing too, so instead of arguing, I just handed over my drivers license and proof of insurance, after they ran my license and found no warrants, they asked to search my vehicle, i said yes,
well they found a small baggie in my purse, very small, and said it was methamphetamine, and enough of it, to take me to jail, the undercover that searched my car, asked the other for the "meth tester kit" which they didnt have or ran out of...so they take me to jail, book me, fingerprint, etc...throw me in a cell, no explanation, no phone call, no miranda, no water, no food, etc..i sit there for almost 19 hours, no ones told me anything, when i asked a guard, he said i was on a 20 hr hold, and he didnt have to tell me anything, well at hr 19 they take me out of the cell, tell me to get dressed, and send me home, no charges, i wasnt given any paperwork , nothing... ? now they're (the undercover dea) are pulling me over for "traffic violations" that I didnt do, not writing me tickets for these violations, and telling me to get out of my vehicle , so they can search, no asking me, just telling me? what can i do?

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

This is what happens to people who have children and endanger them by doing illegal drugs. Get used to it, because this is the price you pay by being a druggie.

IAAL

n_and

throw me in a cell, no explanation, no phone call, no miranda, no water, no food, etc..i sit there for almost 19 hours, no ones told me anything,
They are not required to feed and water the criminals. Why would they?

Sorry, but it does appear as though you do drugs, got caught ( if they are undercover cops, they usually investigate undercover people [a.k.a. suspects]) and are darn lucky you DIDN't get charged. Methamphetamines are no joke; especially when you have children that rely on you.

calatty

The search in which the methamphetamine ws found was legal because you consented to it. They still have at least a year to charge you (the statute of limitations is at least that), so you are not out of the woods yet.

S

synfullysweet

no, i am not a druggie, yes, i have done drugs before, but not in about 6 months, i had no idea it was even there,
and if what they found was actually meth, wouldnt i have been charged?

stephenk

so you have meth sitting in your purse? this purse can be opened by your kids? See what I am getting at?

how do you know the DEA werent watching your friend's house? Did you ever do meth with your friend?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">