• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled Over, officer asked if I was ever arrested, I said, No.. he said I was before?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

GuyFromFL16

What is the name of your state? Florida

Hi everyone,

I was recently pulled over by a Police officer because of my headlights being to bright. The officer asked if I had ever been arressted before and ofcourse I have never been. He took my license and went back to his car, after about 10 min he came back and said he will let me off with just a warning but to remove the headlights since they were to bright. When I was about to receive my license back, he mentioned if I ever lived in this certain address that I lived in when I couldn't be more than 5-6 years old. I said that I did live there and he mentioned that the computer showed that I had been arrested but it didn't say the charges. I have NO idea why it would say such a lie when I know myself that this never happened to me especially at such a young age. I was totally and completely in shock when the officer told me this news. I asked what I can do about having it removed and find out why its on there and he said to contact the county courthouse. I spoke to my mother about this when I got home and she couldn't believe it either as she knows I've Never been arressted in my life and this is bothering myself and her after finding this news out. She talked to my grandmother about it which I had lived with at the time while my mother lived in my grandparents place aswell... she knows nothing like this ever happend. She is now saying we should contact an attorney about making a case.

My question is... how can something like this be on my record when I was a young child and we all know I never did anything illegal nor did I ever get arrested in my whole life.. its not a good feeling to know its my record for something that supposbily happend more than 12-13- years ago.

O

oberauerdorf

How are we supposed to know how it appeared?

Do what the officer suggested and contact the courthouse about the charges and also, get the police to do a records check.

GuyFromFL16

oberauerdorf said:
How are we supposed to know how it appeared?

Do what the officer suggested and contact the courthouse about the charges and also, get the police to do a records check.

Ok, thanks!

Also, is it possible there can be a case here against the police department since the computer showed I had been arrested when I was a little boy?

R

Ramoth

Not unless you can prove the police inserted that information into the database with the express purpose of harassing you.

Computer records are only as perfect as the people who enter the data. Mistakes happen. Go to the courthouse and have this corrected.

HomeGuru

GuyFromFL16 said:
Ok, thanks!

Also, is it possible there can be a case here against the police department since the computer showed I had been arrested when I was a little boy?
**A: and now you get arrested as a big boy. Things never change.

GuyFromFL16

HomeGuru said:
**A: and now you get arrested as a big boy. Things never change.
I have no idea what you mean by this comment.. I never got arrested in my life.

anyway, just wanted to let you all know. I got in touch with someone to check my records at the courthouse and there is no record showing I've ever been arrested so I have no idea how the officer came up with that one.. I also found out that when I was supposibly 5-6 years old when I lived in the address the officer mentioned ( that I was arrested, thats what he said ) but I was actually 3 Years old! Thanks for all the help everyone.. I still don't understand why it showed that on the police computer unless the officer read something else wrong? I don't know... but when the records were checked today, it was clean and no record of anything like this happening to me before.. I think I'll goto the court house and request to have in black and white, the paper showing I never got arrested.

Thanks for all your help!!

Last edited:
E

eagleone

Arrest claim

IMO, The officer probably lied to see your reaction. Lying is but one of many things today's officers are taught to use as a tool. Gettin to where you can believe a crook before you can a police officer.
You oughta check out some of the psych manipulation classes the fed academy puts on. scary.

Bravo8

Scary? How so?

Lying is an excellent tool. As long as the officer is truthful in the charges and testimony in court, what is the harm in lying to a criminal?

Those bad bad officers who work undercover lie all the time! The HORROR!

I AM ALWAYS LIABLE

My response:

Bravo, don't you realize that these criminals want to be treated fairly? They have the right to ruin society, but they want to be treated fairly.

No lying! What a bunch of bullcrap! I'll lie to you, and break your legs at the same time - - telling you that your legs aren't broken!

IAAL

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">