• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Pulled over in Passing lane

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

seasonedbeef

What is the name of your state (only U.S. law)? WA

I live in WA state, I was recently pulled over for not doing the same speed limit as traffic. I turned onto the Interstate, traveled around 2 miles, came up behind a semi-truck doing around 60-63 No more than 65 and no less then 60. The WA State Patrol Officer upon walking up to my vehicle asked were my marijuana was and did not tell me why he was pulling me over. After he placed it on the top of the car, he then asked me for my registration, id and proof of Insurance. I gave them to him and he told me that he had this audio and video recorded. He told me that I was not doing the speed limit in the left passing lane. Which I was, I was also in the passing lane because of a slow semi-truck, avoiding merging traffic from an on-ramp.

If someone could let me know what I should do, I am pleading not guilty. I was charged with misdemeanor possession of marijuana and possession of a deadly weapon...which was a knife more than 12"- I don't understand how I could own one then?

I'm only 18 and have never been to jail in my life, No criminal record what so ever. I was arrested, booked and released on my own recognizance. Where I was handed a check after 5pm and shown the door in the beginning of December. I did not have enough money to make a phone call on a pay phone, and was told no by the officers at the visitation desk.

-Thanks for your time.

HighwayMan

Super Secret Senior Member
a knife more than 12"- I don't understand how I could own one then?
What does that mean? You didn't have the knife??

Let me get this straight. The trooper stops you for a traffic violation then walks up to your car and right away asks you "where's your marijuana?" Were you smoking it while driving? Why would he assume right away that you had some in your possession?

seasonedbeef

I had the knife in my possesion. It was in my backseat, he said since it was not in my trunk it was considered dangerous.

I had just purchased my Marijuana as well.

I was driving not much over 60mph in a 60mph zone as well

I was also passing people who were driving slower than me!
That is why I got into the passing lane!!!!!

Getting pulled over and arrested in front of my mother was one of the most shocking moments in my life..

FlyingRon

I had just purchased my Marijuana as well.
Duration is not a factor.
I was driving not much over 60mph in a 60mph zone as well
Driving "not much" over the speed limit is still cause to pull you over.
I was also passing people who were driving slower than me!
They were driving slower because they were doing the SPEED LIMIT (by your original psot).
That is why I got into the passing lane!!!!!
There's no exemption to the speed law for going over the limit in the passing lane because you wish to get around people.
Getting pulled over and arrested in front of my mother was one of the most shocking moments in my life..
You took mom to a drug buy?

cyjeff

Ron, ya beat me to it.

A passing lane is not a "you can speed here" lane.

How does mom feel about a son that buys weed and carries weapons?

seasonedbeef

I use Marijuana for medical reasons. And I GOT PULLED OVER FOR GOING TOO SLOW IN THE PASSING LANE

I don't understand the point of people thinking it is alright to set forth their own associated morals and ethics to someone else. You are not me, you do not walk in my shoes. You are your own individual, those who judge others are no better than worse criminals in my opinion. Stop being an evangelist and embrace the diversity of cultures, whether it be something that is taboo to you.

And I guess if you believe in god you'll go to hell for judging people. Keep it up, karma is real

seasonedbeef

And I smoke MJ with my Mom fools!

Look at you now, how smart your assumptions made you look.

Keep it coming, please..

cyjeff

And I smoke MJ with my Mom fools!

Look at you now, how smart your assumptions made you look.

Keep it coming, please..
So, are you or your mother the doctor? Which of you has the prescription?

Oh, so you are just another self medicating pot head? So is mom?

And you are PROUD of that?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">