• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Q about warrant for unpaid public urination ticket in NYC

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

walklikeamatt

Hello,

I received a ticket last year in August 06' for public urination. For inexcusable reasons, i didn't pay this ticket. Tonight i was stopped on my bike for riding on the sidewalk, the cop let me know that i had a warrant and that they couldn't really tell for what it was for. They appeared to be very lazy and seemed debate whether they should look into it. They let me go and said that i have to go to the courthouse in Manhattan. I live in Brooklyn, NY

So, when i go to the courthouse i imagine i will probably have to reappear for a court date. My question is, will they arrest me on the spot at the courthouse? And when and if i do go to court, what will the likely sentencing be and will it involve jailtime?

Thank you.

The Occultist

Bring enough money to post bail.

Don't keep ignoring it and let something as stupid as this snowball into something that could make your life miserable.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">