• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Chris Hoppus

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Alright. So I have two charges against me at the moment. [violation of probation, arson]

Now, I'm currently 17 and living in South Carolina. And like everyone else, I do not feel like going to jail. Now, if I was to go to jail... any idea how long I would go for? The violation for probation, I think that might automatically be a one year in jail, and plus the arson charge...can anyone make a decent guess how long I would go for?

But let's go down another path for a quick moment. Say, I run. I run far away. And don't go to court for my charges. Say I run away till I'm 18+. Would the charges go away since I pass 18? hm?

Please help me out. :[

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? South Carolina

Alright. So I have two charges against me at the moment. [violation of probation, arson]

Now, I'm currently 17 and living in South Carolina. And like everyone else, I do not feel like going to jail. Now, if I was to go to jail... any idea how long I would go for? The violation for probation, I think that might automatically be a one year in jail, and plus the arson charge...can anyone make a decent guess how long I would go for?

But let's go down another path for a quick moment. Say, I run. I run far away. And don't go to court for my charges. Say I run away till I'm 18+. Would the charges go away since I pass 18? hm?

Please help me out. :[

The charges will never go away...

Post the statute you were charged under so we can tell you the possible punishment for your crime.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">