• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about 4th degree assualt

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

brich7705

What is the name of your state? WA

OK, first off, I'm not sure if this is the correct place to post this but it seemed the best fit.

My situation is this, 7 years ago I was in a bar fight and was arrested and plead no contest to the charge of 4th degree assualt. I am now going for my CPA license and it asks the question: "Have you ever been involved as the abuser in any incident of verbal, physical, mental or sexual abuse?".

My question is, is the assualt considered being an abuser in physcial abuse or is this for cases of say Domestic Violence and such.

I have asked others and they can't give me a defenitive answer.

Thank you for your assistance.

garrula lingua

If you're smart enough to be sitting for the CPA exam, you're smart enoe to know the answer.

What's your interpretation of 'abuser' ? It is a rather subjective term ...

Is this a variation of the old accounting joke ... two plus two equals ... four or 22 or how much do you want it to be ?
Figures lie and liars figure ... etc.

Why didn't they use the term 'accused' ?
Wow, how many 'verbal' incidents can we honestly say we were the 'abuser' ... honestly, I must be in the zillions there.
The question is so broad, I think we're all yeses, even if we only hit our siblings in a toddler fight.

Look to your own ethical compass.
Is that a straight yes or no question or do you have to explain if the answer is yes ?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">