• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

mbhopcroft

What is the name of your state? Tennessee

On May 9th 2005, I was arrested because a cop said he seen me spit on my mom, my mom told him that i didn't & she was begging him, he arrested me anyway because he said he seen it, well, i was taken to jail in my nightgown That was see thru! I asked to change & he said no!
was that wrong or ok?

racer72

Your state's domestic violence laws probably require an arrest be made, that is something a lot of folks don't think about when the police are called when an argument becomes heated. Allowing you to change could have been an escape opportunity, the officer was acting within the rules and guidelines he must obey. I would suggest a consultation with a local attorney, you are probably going to need one for the criminal portion of your problems anyway.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">