• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question about an assault charge

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

billy0g

in michigan, if you are accused of an assault and you were not there when the police arrive and the person does not know your name but files a police report, can charges still be pressed if you are later identified even though you were not there when the police arrive? please let me know your input. thanks

Just Blue

billy0g said:
in michigan, if you are accused of an assault and you were not there when the police arrive and the person does not know your name but files a police report, can charges still be pressed if you are later identified even though you were not there when the police arrive? please let me know your input. thanks

Ummm...Yep!...

CdwJava

Of course they can!

You don't think that someone can get away with a crime simply because they are not identified at the scene, do you?

- Carl

garrula lingua

Of course !!!!!

Cops use six-packs ( 6 photos of similar-looking persons), field show-ups,
line-ups, and in-court identifications to say "Yes! That is the hoodlum who assaulted me!!!"

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">