• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Bench Warrant

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

sdjdw10

What is the name of your state?Georgia

I received a speeding ticket in July of 2003 in Georgia. After that I started working out of the country. Due to my irresponsibility I neglected paying the fine. I also did not appear in court due to being out of the country. Coming back to the U.S.A. I was detained by customs and later transported to a county jail. I was finger printed and they took a mug shot of me. An hour later I paid the fine (bond forfeiture). It is on my record, but is it a misdeamenor or felony? I am currently in the process of applying for a government job and I do not want this to hinder my chances for gainful employment.

dkpd73

As a general rule, traffic offenses in Georgia are misdemeanors. To be sure, you would have to look up the specific charge in the code of Georgia and verify that it isn't a felony.

If you only got a speeding ticket, it will be a misdemeanor.

If you want to check your criminal history beforehand, there are ways to do it. In my county, we have a department that handles such things. You have to sign a waiver, pay a fee, and they will give you your criminal history.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">