• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about Evidence (I suppose)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

DougD720

What is the name of your state? Pennsylvania

Hello all!

I was jumped 2 weeks ago by 5 masked men. They jumped me randomly and didnt steal anything. My cell phone did however fall out of my pocket and they grabbed it.

3 Hours later i went back to the scene of the attack and found the phone about 20 yards from where i was assaulted.

I handed it over to the police to dust for prints.

It now has been 2 weeks and the phone has not been processed yet. I handed the phone to them, i didnt sign any papers giving them the rights to the phone or whatever. I dont expect them to get any prints off of it and if they do the chances that the prints will be on file is slim to none.

I was told i could get the phone back today and i went to the station, and of course the Det. handling the case was not there, but he talked to another detective who told me i now had to wait til monday.

Im sick of waiting, im starting a new company and have probably lost 20 potential clients because my phone has been out of commission for 2 weeks.

Do i have the legal right to go into the station and demand it back?

Im in dire need not only for my company but also because my home phone is broken and cannot make or recieve calls so i have no way of communicating with anyone.

Thanks for any advice you can give!

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">