• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about search of a parked vehicle

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

thelaxman9000

What is the name of your state? New Jersey

I had a cop search my lacrosse bag witch was in the bed of my pickup truck while my truck was parked on the side of a road. I was not in or around my truck at the time when the officer searched my bag, i know that they did because when i returned to my truck my abd was open and there were a few things scattered in my bed. I know it was a cop becuase a friend had seen happen. Is this legal?

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
thelaxman9000 said:

I had a cop search my lacrosse bag witch was in the bed of my pickup truck while my truck was parked on the side of a road. I was not in or around my truck at the time when the officer searched my bag, i know that they did because when i returned to my truck my abd was open and there were a few things scattered in my bed. I know it was a cop becuase a friend had seen happen. Is this legal?
Did the search cause you any harm?

LawGirl10

thelaxman9000 said:

Was it towed?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">