• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question about searches and slander

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

S

ShadowCOPro

What is the name of your state? Colorado.

I was stopped tonight for expired tags, no real big deal. However while my passenger was talking on his cell phone we were in a packing lot and then I moved to another location, mainly becuase I didnt want to be harassed for parking in a business lot after hours. Well I must peaked a cops interest. I was pulled over for the Tags. The officer hassled me about the minor that was with me for being out after curfew, then asked me to step out of the truck, seached me, and then asked me about my history and I was straight up with him. Then he asked to search my truck, becuase I had stopped in a "known drug dealing area" (both locations). I said no. He asked me again, I still said no. He said in his experiance that drug users or drug dealers are usually the ones that say no. I said that was not the case and he still wasnt goin serach my truck. I was asked to leave the area and not to come back because Englewood, doesn like drug dealers or users. Question Can I sue for Slander??

Will

D

DogToenails

What did he say that wasn't true? He said dealers and user usually say 'no' to a search. In your experience, do dealers and users usually comply with a search requests? He said the people of Englewood don't want dealers and users around. Are you telling us the people of Englewood LIKE drug dealers and users?

Also, what damages did you suffer from his intentionally false statements?

stephenk

"then asked me about my history and I was straight up with him"

so you told him you had been arrested/convicted previously, right?

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">