• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question on arrest

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

xhelpxmexplease

What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state?What is the name of your state? Flordia

Brother in law was arrested for driving without a license , not his first time being arrested but his license was taken away for well... driving into someones lawn :( . I just wanted to know how long he will be in jail?

Also his pregnant girlfriend was in the car and they arrested her as well for not appearing in court over some dog ticket thing. Shes due in October, i was just wondering how long they will keep her as well and if its past her due date what they will do with her and the baby?

I know this is 2 different issues but i figured i might as well ask in the same Thread. Id be greatful for any feedback

CdwJava

It would help to know specifically what charges your brother faces (statute numbers). Without that, all we can guess is somewhere between dismissal and prison time.

As for his pregnant girlfriend, chances are she will be released soon ... the state is not going to want to pay for a childbirth while holding a person who failed to take care of a dog ticket.

- Carl

xhelpxmexplease

he was arrested for driving without a license, i was more consirned with her situation and the baby... thank you so much but i think part of the dog ticket thing has to do with not appearing in court to correct it. does that make a difference?

CdwJava

xhelpxmexplease said:
he was arrested for driving without a license, i was more consirned with her situation and the baby... thank you so much but i think part of the dog ticket thing has to do with not appearing in court to correct it. does that make a difference?
She may have to serve time - maybe, but I'd be very surprised if they wanted to hold her long enough to pay for pre-natal doctor's visits and childbirth ... not to mention the possibility of being sued for any problems the child might have (Yes, it happens! I know a case where a dope addict sued a county for birth defects alleging that her lack of pre-natal care for the two months she was in custody caused the severe problems and NOT her smoking meth for 7 months).

She will likely be cut loose on probation or house arrest unless she REALLY pissed someone off bad.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">