• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question disorderly conduct Please help fast need answers in next 24 hours.

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

helpmeplease2

What is the name of your state? IL

my friend teepeed a a friends house and his grandparents called the cops becuase they didnt know it was him and the cops said like even it was someone you know that once u agree to press charges or w.e that we will be prosecuted. he was charged with disorderly conduct. sec 132.001 local ordiance. i wont even get into how he got caught but its stupid. anyways, once they found out it was him they wanted to drop charges etc but the cops said that they just don't show up to court and thats how its done. anyways my friend has a court date Wednesday and cant go because he is in college. his friends are going and one of his friends sister is a lawyer but im not sure whats going on with that.. what can he do so that he dosent have to go to court at least Wednesday? he can go when he is on break but what would he even do at court? they aren't showing up and are trying to even help us get out of this if they can. my friend has never been charged with any crime or anything at all if that matters. my friend just wants to not have to show up Wednesday because he has classes and no way of even getting to the court. So what can be done?

Just Blue

What is the name of your state? IL

my friend teepeed a a friends house and his grandparents called the cops becuase they didnt know it was him and the cops said like even it was someone you know that once u agree to press charges or w.e that we will be prosecuted. he was charged with disorderly conduct. sec 132.001 local ordiance. i wont even get into how he got caught but its stupid. anyways, once they found out it was him they wanted to drop charges etc but the cops said that they just don't show up to court and thats how its done. anyways my friend has a court date Wednesday and cant go because he is in college. his friends are going and one of his friends sister is a lawyer but im not sure whats going on with that.. what can he do so that he dosent have to go to court at least Wednesday? he can go when he is on break but what would he even do at court? they aren't showing up and are trying to even help us get out of this if they can. my friend has never been charged with any crime or anything at all if that matters. my friend just wants to not have to show up Wednesday because he has classes and no way of even getting to the court. So what can be done?

I suggest your friend miss a day of classes and attend court. A court order is a Court ORDER. He could ask for a continuance, but I wouldn't hold my breath waiting to get it.

This isn't a big deal unless he does something stupid and ignores the order to appear.

las365

Tell your parents what happened and take your lumps. Tell your professors that you have an emergency and go to court. If your parents will pay for an attorney for you, you will be able to find out whether the attorney can appear on your behalf at this initial appearance.

Yeah, you shouldn't have tp'd the house, but jeesh, criminal charges... did you do any other vandalism to go with the tp?

helpmeplease2

no vandalism. btw i didnt go and the judge continued it for me for sometime in December. i just wrote him a letter and my friend gave it to him. they dismissed the charges for the other guys. so i guess ill just go then and have it dismissed.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">