• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question in Iowa

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

testy

What is the name of your state?Iowa
I want to know if it is required that police tell you that you are being videotaped when you are being interviewed when you come in voluntarily and are not mirandized? I was questioned for about 3 hours and not told I was being taped and did not feel as though i could leave once the questioning got started. There were two people in the room with me and I did not have a lawyer present.

CdwJava

testy said:
I want to know if it is required that police tell you that you are being videotaped when you are being interviewed when you come in voluntarily and are not mirandized?
Is it required they tell you about the videotape? No.

I was questioned for about 3 hours and not told I was being taped and did not feel as though i could leave once the questioning got started.
This is an issue to be brought up with your attorney. If that is the case, then there MAY be a Miranda argument.

However, if during the interview you are told that you are free to go at any time and were, in fact, permitted to leave at the conclusion of the interview, that may cause some difficulty in a Miranda claim.

Most the time we toss some neat little statements into the conversation to demonstrate voluntariness. If they did not, then shame on them.

- Carl

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">