• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

question looking into a window?

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

trailman282

quick question can someone stand on a sidewalk or roadway and look into someones open window late at night say 10-11pm? Just cuious if any type of crime would be committed in doing so.

Zigner

Senior Member, Non-Attorney
quick question can someone stand on a sidewalk or roadway and look into someones open window late at night say 10-11pm? Just cuious if any type of crime would be committed in doing so.
US Law Only -

But, I'd suggest you close your blinds :rolleyes:

Banned_Princess

I never keep my heavy drapes open after dusk.

Maybe I'm just paranoid people are going to stand on the street by my house and look in.

trailman282

So is everyone agreeing that someone can look thru an open window late at night as long as they are not on private property.

Some Random Guy

trailman282:

In case you didn't get Zinger's hint the second time around, let me spell it out for you. State laws are different and you deliberately deleted the question when starting your thread that asked what state this is for.

The Occultist

trailman282:

In case you didn't get Zinger's hint the second time around, let me spell it out for you. State laws are different and you deliberately deleted the question when starting your thread that asked what state this is for.
What makes me amused by your post is that I don't believe the OP is within the US at all. :D

cyjeff

So is everyone agreeing that someone can look thru an open window late at night as long as they are not on private property.
No, we aren't. You aren't very good at hearing what you don't want to hear, are you?

there is a vast difference from glancing in a window and staring through them to harass and intimidate the occupants.

I tell you what... if you keep your glances to less than 5 seconds once a week, you should be fine.

More than that, and expect to talk to the police.

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">