• FreeAdvice has a new Terms of Service and Privacy Policy, effective May 25, 2018.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our Terms of Service and use of cookies.

Question Re: Charge(s)

Accident - Bankruptcy - Criminal Law / DUI - Business - Consumer - Employment - Family - Immigration - Real Estate - Tax - Traffic - Wills   Please click a topic or scroll down for more.

Type110WPM

What is the name of your state? Florida

I live in Florida. This past April, my ex got into some trouble for "possession of rock cocaine" (3rd Degree Felony). On 9/19, there waws a "Docket Sounding" (I'm not sure what that means). This morning, I took another look at the court records online and saw the following entries and was hoping that someoe could explain what these mean (from what I could see, this case is apparently now closed, although there was SUPPOSED to be a Jury Trial 9/26, unless what I'm about to list cancelled that). Any answers would be GREATLY appreciated.

1. Sentencing Guideline Scoresheet;
2. Cir Crim (CF) Judicial Costs Charge #1: Possession of a Controlled Substance;
3. Cost sheet filed in open court. Referred to Department of Financial Recovery filed in open court;
4. Cir Crim (CF) State law enf fee Charge #1: Possession of a controlled substance;
5. Cir Crim (CF) Crime Prevention Fund Charge #1: Possession of a Controlled Substance;
6. Cir Crim (CF) Additional court costs (BCC) Charge #1: Possession of a Controlled Substance;
7. Cir Crim (CF) Crimes compensation Charge #1: Possession of a controlled substance;
8. Cir Crim (CF) Law enf educ fee Charge #1: Possession of a controlled substance
9. Acknowledgment and Waiver of Rights filed; and
10. Teen Court Charge #1: Possession of a controlled substance.*****

*****Unsure what "Teen" Court is...this individual is almost 44 years old, although a couple of months ago, in the State of Georgia (where his sister lives), he attended a program called "Teen Challenge" (which was an in-house drug/alcohol treatment facility which he left prematurely).

Find the Right Lawyer for Your Legal Issue!

Fast, Free, and Confidential
data-ad-format="auto">